Ministry of Home Affairs invites applications for IB Recruitment 2017 for the...
The PRI system was evolved out of Community Development Programme, which was introduced in 1952. Then in 1953 the National Extension Service was introduced for supporting further the socio-economic development in rural areas. But within few years it was realized that these programmes did not deliver expected results.
1957-Balwantrai Mehta Committee
- Three tier system – Village level, block level and Zilla level.
- Giving statutory status to these institutions.
Accepting these suggestion, in Rajasthan at Nagaur village this PR system was implemented. And then slowly adopted by most of the other states also.
1977-Ashok Mehta committee
- Two tier System of Panchayat Raj
- Zilla parishad-the executive body responsible for district level planning.
- Official participation of political parties
- In case of suspension, election should be held within 6 months.
- Resrervation for SC/STs
- A minister for Panchayat Raj should be there in state government.
1985-GVK Rao committee
- Regular election for PRIs.
- The local bodies should be given important role in planning, implementation and monitoring of rural development programmes.
- State level planning transferred to district level planning.
1986-LM Singhvi committee
- Re-organisation of villages.
- Allocation of more financial resources.
- PRIs should be naturally facilitate people’s particiaption.
PK Thungon Committee
- Constitutional provision for regular elections and 5 years term for the local bodies.
- Zilla Parishad should be the only planning and development agency in district.
- State-level planning coordination committee under chairmanship of PM and the presidents of Zilla Parishad be the members.
Committee on Policy Programmes – VN Gadgil
- Three tier PRI system.
- Reservation for SC/ST and women for better representation.
- Five year terms for PRIs.
- Constitution of state finance commission.
- Three tier structure of local self-governing bodies : village-level, block-level, district-level.
- Adequate financial resources should be transferred to these bodies.
- Genuine transfer of power and responsibility.
- Developmemnt programmes at these levels should be channelled through these bodies.
If you are a newbie to managing a WordPress website, then congratulations!
I'm a Copywriter in a Digital Agency, I was searching for courses that'll help...
If you are a newbie to managing a WordPress website, then congratulations! You...